Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise
How to perform exercise
- Sit on an Incline Bench while holding a dumbbell on each hand on top of your thighs.
- Lift your legs up to kick the weights to your shoulders and lean back. Position the dumbbells above your shoulders with your arms extended. The arms should be perpendicular to the floor with your palms facing forward and knuckles pointing towards the ceiling. This will be your starting position.
- While keeping the arms straight and locked, lift the dumbbells by raising the shoulders from the bench as you breathe out.
- Bring back the dumbbells to the starting position as you breathe in.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can use a barbell or a smith machine in order to perform this exercise.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Shoulders, and auxiliary muscles: Triceps
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.